Genetic engineering is the way of modifying the DNA in an organism and its used to modify the characteristics of food and used to create medicine. Genetic engineering is a way of modifying the DNA in an organism and its used to modify the characteristics. It can be used not only in Medicine but also in food. Did you know that about 70% of the food in your local grocery store is genetically modified? When going to a grocery store the organic food is more expensive to buy than the genetic modify food, the reason behind this is that it can be produced at a faster rate and is more affordable. Although it makes it more affordable for consumers some argue that its not only bad for the human body but for our environment.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Genetic Engineering: Researching an Application by Guadalupe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Stardazia 6 months ago

Why do you feel we should care about this? No one has stopped eating it so why should we?

2. Juray 6 months ago

This is great information. i had no idea about some of the things you said, it’s always great to learn something new every day and thank you for sharing this genetic engineering info, it really helped me learn about genetically modifying not only DNA but also the food we eat.