,

TED’s Secret to Great Public Speaking https://nowcomment.com/documents/76698
Good & Bad Examples of Oral Presentation https://nowcomment.com/documents/76695#.WS9-3YgrLnA

Anderson wanted the views to understand that when you are public speaking, use your head. Think as if you’re the listener so that you can be able to say things more clear and understandable. A annotation that I made was, ” As a speaker, you have to connect with the listeners with your mind. The ideas in your mind contradict what you say. So its important to think while you speak because your thoughts is what makes your tone and your infection of your words.”

From the second video I understood that to be a good speaker, you need to be as natural as you can. The more calm you feel the more smooth your presentation will go. You do not want to bring your outside attitude in as you present because it WILL show and some listeners will take it as you do not care about what you’re saying.

The thought of speaking and presenting in front of people makes me feel confident. However, when I practice presenting in class, its hard for me to focus. I get distracted easily by the most little things. I have a strong and great voice but when i feel that my audience is not engaged or interested in what I am saying, My tone and inflection dies down then I start to get nervous and forget what I have to say.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Exploring My Relationship with Oral Presentation by Jaymee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.