This interview took place in Crotona park . Me and my peers went around interviewing those who agreed to at the park . I interviewed a man in the park as my peers watched .

“What advice would you give a struggling high school student ? Don’t let this environment detour your goals”

Hearing this quote just made me realize how the atmosphere here in the bronx can be so negative and bring people down if people allow it to . This means a lot to me because i was on the verge of dropping out and letting this environment get to me and take me out my character . I believe that a lot of kids should take this advice because if you let the people who don’t care about school or themselves lead you they will bring you down with them . Then before you know it , it will be too late for you to do anything about it .

“I just wish i had somebody to direct me to a better outcome in life then i now have to tell others to follow”

Seeing this quote again, I see how people feel not having that person to keep you on the right track and doesn’t let you lose your self . A lot of people have no one and not saying that all their troubles are because of that but that does play a role in their downfall . Some kids don’t know what’s it like to not have parents or to have parents that don’t care about them and take them for granted which also has power too it because without them you won’t become the person you will turn out to be . Without their guidance you will be like those who have no guidance and trust me it isn’t a good feeling when you feel that you have no one there for you .

CC BY-SA 4.0 Vox Pop Interview with Hannibal by Justin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.