The bombings that are going on between the United States and Syria is important because many innocent lives are being took away. Bashar Hafez al-Assad is the 19th and current President of Syria, holding the office since 17 July 2000.The United States bombed Syria to end Assad’s, Syrian president, reign. April 10, 2017 CNN National Security Analyst, Juliette Kayyem reported,”…why did we bomb Syria? The explanations have varied: It was merely a message; it was a line in the sand; it was America asserting a moral standard; it was to scare Assad; to it was to pivot from Obama’s legacy; it was to end Assad’s reign.” Assad was bombing his own Syrians so the United States stepped in and bombed Syria. With the United States bombing Syria, the bomb killed many children and innocent Syrians. March 25, 2017 Barbra Starr, CNN Pentagon Specialist reported, “…bombs dropped in a neighborhood by US warplanes resulted in the deaths of more than 200 civilians.”

Starr, Barbara. “US Military Investigating If Airstrikes Caused Nearly 300 Civilian Deaths.” CNN. Cable News Network, 25 Mar. 2017. Web. 30 May 2017.
Kayyem, Juliette. “Why exactly did we bomb Syria?” CNN. Cable News Network, 10 Apr. 2017. Web. 30 May 2017.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why does the bombings matter? by Jaymee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. MD 4 months ago

Dear Jaymee :
    I am happy you wrote about the bombing incident in your” Why does the bombing matter,” post because i believe that there was no need to bomb Syria and create a worldwide incident when america has not had a problem with Syria since 1940. It’s really baffling as to why President Trump would do this now.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It was merely a message; it was a line in the sand; it was America asserting a moral standard; it was to scare Assad; to it was to pivot from Obama’s legacy; it was to end Assad’s reign.” ” I think this is baffling because america should not worry about what Syria does or does not do, they did not care before yet they care now and start bombing Syria, killing over 200 million innocent citizens.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

2. Asha 1 year ago

Hi, Jaymee, I think being aware of the bombings and why its happening is something lost on this generation and not known by the general public. I feel as if we are so desensitized on when other countries that’s not run by white people get attacked that the tragedy is just let go. Getting notified on why the bombings happen is very important so we don’t support the ignorance that comes with bombing.