1. Kayla 7 months ago

Dear Surako,

I am intrigued by your post “Podcast about domestic violence,” because the title caught my eye and it motivated me. I can relate to the problems your speaking on but also it could motivate many others going through similar struggles.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “One can only help those who want to be helped.” I think this is positive because you can’t help everybody. Some people don’t want to be helped and some can’t reach out for help but desperately need it. If a person doesn’t want to be help then theres no way you can help that person out. Most women may think they’re too good for help or don’t need it until the outcomes is bad.
    Another sentence that I agreed with was: “Many women don’t leave their relationship because that show their partner shows they love them.” This stood out for me because I totally don’t agree with this but I know most women involved would agree. Most women start to get brainwashed to the violence and it soon starts to become regular for them. Just because your partner is sorry and loving after the incident doesn’t mean he loves you because if he did he wouldn’t of did those hurtful things to you.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I helped my friend out of violent situation before it was too late and it made a big difference in both of our lives.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have a powerful way with words and you state the facts instead of hiding things and waiting till a problem occurs to then speak on the situation.