Public school funding plays a big role in a kid who live in poverty life.People who tend  to live in poverty have less opportunity to  be successful when they get to college which will in the end effect the career and life each student has in the future.  We should have equitable funding because it is important because not only are we are increasing the poverty rate, we are also increasing the chance for people to be less sucessful.according to  a research done by students at U.C  Davis  people who live in low income  communities  have a higher chance at dropping out of high school. Layton, Lyndsey. “Majority of U.S. Public School Students Are in Poverty.” The Washington Post. WP Company, 16 Jan. 2015. Web. 25 Apr. 2017.The shift to a majority-poor student population means that in public schools, a growing number of children start kindergarten already trailing their more privileged peers and rarely, if ever, catch up. They are less likely to have support at home, are less frequently exposed to enriching activities outside of school, and are more likely to drop out and never attend college” (Layton, 2015).Another effect that public school funding   have on students is the quality of education people get.Without proper funding schools can’t pay for enough teachers to properly educate students.Also this makes schools drop classes that students can use for later on in life.For example if a majority of a class likes forensics and wants to be a defective  it is going to be hard for them to get prepared for college and be a detective because  they don’t have the  knowledge . .According to  an article titled “How Does Underfunding Actually Affect Schools? Four Questions with Greene County Superintendent Richard Fleming – The Hechinger Report.” Absolutely. Over the last couple of years we’ve had to cut several positions that we really need. You have to understand Greene County. We’re a very rural county with a small tax base, almost none. So the money we get from the state is money we depend on for our children. Any time the state funding is cut in any way, it probably affects districts like ours more so than some of the larger districts that are in places where they have money coming in from their businesses” (Skinner, 2015). This quote proves that many schools who are in small neighborhoods have to get rid of teachers  and classes due to insufficient funds.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Background about unfair public school funding by Ahmir is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.