What is domestic violence? How common is domestic violence? What causes domestic violence? Why don’t the women just leave? How do you support a friend or a family member who is experiencing domestic violence?

What are solutions to prevent domestic violence? What matters to me in my everyday world is that people are not aware of women who are in domestic violence relationships. The issues I notice in the news is that women are getting killed leaving their relationships and their partner is not satisfied with that. What is not being “talked about” is how if you’re a friend or a family member you don’t notice something is going on before it’s too late. Such as noticing change in behavior, the way you may interact and not being yourself. The current conversation related to domestic violence is that it is wrong and women should have a lot of more options than what is already presented to them. The issues based on the reading is that men should not feel the need to hurt someone they supposedly love. The issues I care about is domestic violence against women. I choose this topic because I had personal experiences that made me want to know more about it. What I’ve learned so far is that it can affect someone loved ones such as children. Also it has a big affect on their personal life.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What do you stand for? by Surako is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.