On my understanding of  Genetic Engineering, it is the action of modifying the genes of living organisms in order to form a new and better result. Scientists can alter the genes in the DNA by changing the genetic code in vegetable or fruits to have a certain trait. For example, many of our food gets altered in order to have them bigger or even last longer like strawberries becoming bigger or lettuce lasting longer. It’s pretty cool how they are able to spread a certain gene on living organisms like mosquitos and by having them inheriting certain genes, so you can begin to control what they have. However, I wonder if these things can be reversed and if they can make a certain gene to be more dominate again.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Understanding Genetic Engineering by Nuong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.