“He was thinking about his wife and his children, away up yonder, and he was low and homesick; because he hadn’t ever been away from home before in his life; and I do believe he cared just as much for his people as white folks does for their’n, It don’t seem natural, but I reckon it’s so… He was a mighty good nigger, Jim was.”

Pg 139

This Quote also shows the fact of Huck realizing that Jim is just another Human. Huck talks about how Jim has a family and because he was a slave he was unable to see them. He mentions that Jim cared just as much for his people as the white folks did. Not being and to see your family is a hard thing to do. When I was young my parents got a divorce and I was never able to see my father so I am kind of able to connect with Jim and not being able to see his family. I know the toll that not being able to see me took on my dad and i’m sure being taken away from your family is even worse. Just because the color of your skin is different it doesn’t mean the values or opinions that are taken upon you should be any different.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Everybody Cares by Cole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.