Communites of color , low income and immigrants are getting killed by police officers and little to no justice is being  served. Andy Lopez, Michael Brown, Oscar Grant are just a few of many other victims that were also killed or mistreated by the police, and their only crime was the color of their skin or their social status. I have learned that racism is the cause for police brutality  because According to Fox 5 news says, a white male Lance Tamayo only got a  3 month jail term  for pointing a gun not only at officers but also other community members that were at the scene.  This is a very different case for a black man Eric Garner  who was killed because the police thought that he was selling cigarettes.  How is it possible that  stealing cigarettes will carry a more extreme penalty  than threatening someone’s life? Well it’s not it’s just that depending on your skin, low income, and social status some people get more privileges than others and get to get away with many crimes . There are many ways to help decrease or stop police brutality for example having body cameras that won’t turn off  or third party investigators for a better justice . But something I would like to find out is how communities can build a bond and trust with police officers .

CC BY-SA 4.0 Police Brutality by Guadalupe is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.