I’ve provided a link anyone to read. My main is that there are so many good affects to ethnic studies and still people aren’t wanting to add it in a students curriculum. Why are they limiting the students learning ? The purpose of students going to school is to add on to their learning instead of limiting to it . “A high school ethnic studies course examining the roles of race, nationality and culture on identity and experience boosted attendance and academic performance of students at risk of dropping out, a new study by scholars at Stanford Graduate School of Education (GSE) found” (Donald, 2016) “Not only made gains in attendance and grades, they also increased the number of course credits they earned to graduate” said Donald. This is important because ethnic studies increases GPA and improves attendance giving students the confidence and boost their self esteem. Ethnic Studies also bumps up student attendance, meaning students would more rather come to school because with their culture being taught at school students would feel more valued. If for no other reason than school funding purposes, school districts should adopt a class that raises attendance since funding is based on attendance.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Ethnic Studies Reaction by Stasia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.