World Hunger

Did you know that approximately a child dies from starvation every 10 seconds? This is important because kids are dieing just because they don’t have the resources of getting food into their stomach. Yes, it is possible for adults to die from starvation also, but children are mainly the ones dying from this problem. This happens on a day to day basis. The issues I’ve is that many young children aren’t able to eat because they have a weak immune system and this is because children don’t have food at home, or anywhere else. For example many kids and families are suffering from starvation in South Sudan. Children are going to sleep, going day by day with nothing in there stomach. It’s not mainly spoken about in the US because many kids don’t suffer from world hunger like many other countries with the worst conditions. Of course, it’s not talked about but not as much as it should. I noticed that all the food that’s been wasted can help so many children. That was one of the main arguments made. 50% of products in America is thrown away, that 50% can save so many kids and the fact that so many people would throw that away just says that world hunger isn’t a serious issue. If the food wasted was going to the kids suffering from hunger, it would decrease the amount of children dying in the world. According to, Feeding America, “Twenty percent or more of the child population in 22 states and D.C. lived in food-insecure households in 2015, according to the most recent data available.” Also another problem, not all kids have a stable home where they are able to receive at least 2 meals a day nonetheless 1.

CC BY-SA 4.0 World Hunger by Stasia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.