The three videos I watched from NowComment are Anthony Hopkins reads “The Love Song” , Chimamanda Ngozi Adichi Reading from her Memoir , James Baldwin reads from “Anthony Country”.

These 3 audio recordings made me feel very confident about what I was saying. This is because I had an idea and was aware about what I was saying, and I think not knowing what one will talk about in the future will affect one’s performance and voice. My comfort level varied when I was adjusting my tone and inflection because I felt comfortable doing a sarcastic, joyful and bored tone because those are my moods that I can in a way identify myself with. But on the other hand, I felt uncomfortable adjusting my tone and inflection when I had to audio record myself with an angry and disgust tone because I am rarely feeling that way and don’t usually express myself with those emotions.

The title from this text excerpt is Beating heart disease together by Paula Chavez from a better health magazine.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Practicing Tone and Inflection to Make My Voice Engaging by Ilda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.