In regards to the practice of genetic engineering, I am mixed on this subject because though it is used to produce a vast amount of food or can potentially remove serious diseases and disorders, but can also be exploited for personal gain. I feel this way about all new technological advancements because it seems as if science can be put to beneficial use in the supporting of health but at the same time, human curiosity is what could one day put an end humanity.

In an article called World’s First Genetically Modified Human Embryo Raises Ethical Concerns explores the first genetically modified human embryo. This embryo was engineered in China and has caused much controversy. The process in which the procedure was done was thoroughly described. The controversy is fueled over a question of ethics. Is it ethical to experiment with genetic engineering, using human embryos as the test subjects?

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Stance On Genetic Engineering by Vincent is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.