Who that has power in the economy cares for children in poverty?

Why do children have to worry about not knowing where they will be staying after school?

How did poverty become a school problem ?

What can schools do to help with students that’s living in poverty in the Bay Area?

1. Who that has power in the economy cares for children in poverty?   Why do children have to worry about not knowing where they will be staying after school? How did poverty become a school problem ?  What can schools do to help with students that’s living in poverty in the Bay Area?
  2. What matter to me is the poor and how we are treated throughout the community and the economy. I feel like we are treated as if we are less in this society compares to the other social classes. What is important to my everyday life is education and my peers well being. Issues like with Trump and his wife getting into an altercation charges me up when they show that on the news when we have youth who are being killed, we got youth that are homeless, and youth that are dropping out of school at all grades, and that’s not being mentioned. It’s like all the effects of poverty are being covered up by the press with drama. Poverty affecting the youth behavior and academic skills should be talked about and brought up throughout the press.
  3. The topic I explored was poverty and the affects it has on K-12 students. What I found about this topic throughout research is that poverty has a negative impact on academic success. One study by Sum and Fogg found that students living in poverty ranked in the 19 th percentile on state tests while wealthier students are in the 66 th percentile (Sum and Fog 3). This means that students that live in poverty aren’t doing as well in school as the average student who don’t live with the problem of poverty. This also mean that students who are living in poverty are three or more times behind a student, who doesn’t live in poverty, in school!
  4. These are the main issues that I care about the most. I came to this issue because I had to think about what’s going on in my community, how are my peers affected and what can I do to bring some type of major awareness to this problem. What I learned from this topic is that we that live in poverty needs the extra help in school and outside of school for us to become cable of taking care of our self in the real world and we only can get the help from community leaders and youth programs such as the police force, fire department, school districts, and even the music industry. I would like to learn about more programs that help kids with such needs.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What do you stand for? Determine a topic to raise your voice. by Rayondre is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.