,

My uncle has supported my love of photography and as a photographer himself, he’s taught me everything I know. He’s let me borrow countless of his books about composition, editing, and how to use different settings. He’s even taken me on a road trip around different national parks to take pictures. I can’t thank him enough for all that he’s done of me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Photographer by Nora is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Grace 1 year ago

I am very interested in how your uncle helped you explore photography because my aunt did the same with me even though I did not know it at the time. I often traveled with her in the summer and she always had her camera and talked to me about what she was doing even though I did not have a camera of my own. One sentence that stands out for me is the when you wrote “He’s let me borrow countless of his books…” I think this is interesting because I would like to read some books about photography in preparation for trying to be a photographer when I retire from teaching. You have reminded me how important it is to look at other photographers work and understand the skills involved. I think once I know some of those things, they will become part of who I am as a photographer. Thank you so much for sharing this idea with us. I am wondering which book you liked the most and would recommend to others?