My name is Stardazia Hailey and there are many topics that are important for my community to understand.  I have worked for the past 5 months on prepping for a senior presentation on something I feel so passionate about. Sterilizations in women’s prisons are something we shouldn’t take lightly, this is what the community needs to understand. What started in the 18th century as eugenics eventually carried out to the 21st century as forced sterilizations for women in prison. Forced sterilizations are a social justice issue because women’s reproductive rights should always remain with them. Prisons’ that have forced sterilizations are stripping women of those rights. In prison women don’t have rights to their body, they have to sleep when someone tells them, eat when someone tells them, bathe when someone tells them. I have read articles from, What Margaret Sanger Really Said About Eugenics and Race to U.S. Government’s Role in Sterilizing Women of Color. This is currently affecting over 150 women in the U.S. This is an issue I care about since I was a junior in High school talking about the bigger picture, eugenics, I learned why the women are affected and want to learn who has been trying to stop and try the prisons in Supreme Court.

CC BY-SA 4.0 I stand for by Stardazia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.