The application of genetic engineering I have chosen is genetically modified crops. I chose this particular application because it seems like something we should be worried about and sound like it got something to do with our food, even though they used this method for food and a lot of times they used it to keep parasites off the food and for fruit so they won’t get old fast. Another reason why I chose this application of genetic engineering is to learn about if the stores and the people who are providing the food and taking care of the crops are doing something to the food and even the meat we eat today.

Three questions that I hope to get answered is 1.What is a genetic modification and how does it relate to food production? 2.What are the current and future applications? 3.What concerns do genetically modified foods raise?

#geneticengineering and #researchtopic.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Genetic engineering by Kemonjie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ilda 5 months ago

Dear Kemonjie,
    My name is Ilda Ortega and I am a senior at Fremont High School. I am interested in your post because I can relate to your feelings. For instance, one thing you said that stands out for me is: “I chose this particular application because it seems like something we should be worried about.” I think this is relevant and considerate because I also think people should be aware and cautious about GMOs because it affects many people, industries, economy, etc. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you talk about the significance of genetic engineering in crops and its outcomes to human society.