My 30-second hook was about the Blue Wall of Silence, an unwritten rule among police culture where they would never rat out each other out. I had to practice a couple times in front of my friend before I could nail down my hook. When I was looking back at my recording, I realized that I didn’t have good eye contact with my camera and I would do a lot of body movement. My pacing was alright as I was trying to describe a scenario. Oral presentation wise I need to work a lot on my body movement because I tend to move a lot and I would also focus on eye contact since my eyes were moving to the side most of the time.

When I was watching myself I noticed improvements I could make because the things I was doing were things I did unconsciously. However, as I begin to practice more and more in front of others my confidence grows a little more so I could get better.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Blue Wall of Silence by Nuong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.