I believe in the value of education. Education is what has allowed me to have most of the things I have today, from basic reading and writing skills, to worlds of knowledge that pique my curiosity and wonder. It has given me strength and instilled numerous values and beliefs into me. It is the one thing that everyone can benefit from, and I strongly wish for everyone to have equal access to a good education. Not as much emphasis and support is given to it as there should be, which is an issue that dearly needs to be addressed.

I am privileged to be able to be writing this essay, sitting where I am. Many youth across the world have not had the opportunity to access education good enough to provide them with basic reading and writing skills. These basic skills are skills I could not imagine not having. Words bring knowledge, power, and whole new worlds. Writing allows sharing, expression, and creation. These combined allow access to an incredible wealth of opportunity.

Being in an environment of education has shown me much more than just basic learning skills. It has taught me values that I hope to carry with me for the rest of my life. Science has taught me the wonder that can be gained from just taking a look at the world around us. Math has taught me the importance of detail and dedication. History has taught me the workings and intricacies of human nature and its consequences, good and bad. Music has taught me the joy and warmth that comes with collaborating in a group. Education has shown me many perspectives of life, but most importantly, it has also shown me the value of being open to new ones.

Unfortunately, the truth is that the value placed on education is not as high as it should be. When children are asked what they want to be when they grow up, a teacher is a common answer. Ask the same question again to teenagers, and that answer becomes much more rare. Why does this happen? This should not be the case. Great teachers nurture greater students. Education in the elementary, middle, and high school levels is especially crucial to developing students’ worldview, work ethic, and even personality. I hope that America can grow to realize that education is invaluable to unlocking the potential of future generations. The world lies in the hands of youth, and we cannot only hope that those hands will be capable ones; we must try our best to ensure it.

Sometimes, people do not take moments to appreciate what they do have. My moments of appreciation often come when I am in school, learning an interesting new concept, laughing with classmates, or just listening to the buzz of a school day. Education has given me so much that I have no way of repaying except to use what I learn in a positive way. I will strive to use the knowledge and values I have to contribute what I can. Education is the key to worlds of opportunity, and it is possibly the single most powerful and influential tool we have. This, I Believe.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Value of Education by Minnie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica 1 week ago

I agree with article about the values of education. I also agree that being in a learning enviroment will help you with social skills and responsibility. i believe people should appreciate education because not everyone is able to go to school.

2. Profile photo of Mathew
    Mathew 1 week ago

I agree with the other on the value of education.I believe that public schools should get more funding to improve skills for teaching and interacting with students.I also agree that people should appreciate what they have and take their education seriously and use it for the rest of their lives.

3. Profile photo of Samantha
    Samantha 1 week ago

I agree with what you were saying on the values of education. Not everyone appreciates the education they have. When in other countries they do not have the same rights as us. Education has made me stronger and learn more skills. Education has showed me to be more responsible. We need this learning because in any career we do it will be needed.

4. Profile photo of Navjot
    Navjot 1 week ago

I agree with the text about the value of education. I also agree on how we need to improve our teaching skills in public schools. Education also has allowed me to have most of the things I have today. Education has thought me the values that I hope to carry with me forever.