In Scott Jaschiks news report “New York Adopts Free Tuition” from https://via.hypothes.is/https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/04/10/new-york-state-reaches-deal-provide-free-tuition-suny-and-cuny-students#annotations:yZ6MiDTnEeeTlAvA5s3XZA , the author explains the pros and cons of New York’s free college tuition. The author explains how you can be eligible for free tuition and what you have to do to keep it. When we consider the issue of student loans some might wonder why most private colleges opposed the plan Scott Jascha’s new report addresses this question because it explains why they opposed the plan and why it didn’t work.“This would be bureaucratically difficult,” she said. “Colleges would have to ask if it was worth it.” This is basically showing the tension and push back against the plan. This might make you wonder if this is the reason the plan wasn’t brought up earlier. What we can appreciate about this writer’s work is that it brings awareness to this controversial issue that can change many lives.

1. Donovan 4 months ago

I agree free college could help many kids with financial problems, but others could possibly take advantage of that which could possibly ruin it for the kids that want to succeed through college.

2. Tahir 4 months ago

I believe that free college tuition could change the world and many lives in a good way.

3. Yuliana 4 months ago

Dear Shaday,
    Your post about free college tuition is very insightful. Many people don’t have the money to continue with college but free tuition can change their lives. Its is really interesting how you brought up that their are many pros and cons about free college tuition. One pro that I can think of is more people are educated making it a better economy. One con that i can think of is big colleges may not make lots of money to sustain the program. I really enjoyed your post about free college tuition. It was really interesting to read about pros and cons of having free college tuition.