Millennials

In today’s day and age, there are many changes happening. Minimum wage has gone up, prices in stores have been raised, and many millennials find it hard to live on their own. Why is this?

Of course becoming an adult at first is supposed to be a little tricky. Learning to use your money wisely and be completely responsible for yourself with nobody there to really guide you is hard. Yet, many millennials find it even more difficult than just that.  “In 1975, only 25 percent of men aged 25 to 34 had incomes of less than $30,000 per year. By 2016, that share rose to 41 percent of young men,” according to the report.” This shows that many of the young men in our society are not in the jobs that would truly benefit them. They are making less than 30,000 a year when they could be making more and living better.

In 2015, one-third or about 24 million young adults, ranging from 18 to 34, lived with their parents, according to the report.” This statistic shows that many millennials still or were still living with their parents. They are finding it difficult to afford a home of their own. Independant home are expensive and not all of us can afford them with the low income jobs we have.

Yvonne Juris states, “I thought my life would be very different,- Now it just feels like it is out of my control.” This shows how many of the millennials feel. They are trying so hard to get that job they need, finish the schooling they want, and it just seems to be near impossible. They expect so much differently for themselves than what they have now. Millennials in this position feel as though there is nothing else left for them to do, therefore they give up. We need to help our society be better as a whole. By creating programs that would help millennials get better jobs and finish schooling we can create a better functioning society.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Millennials by Angelann is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.