After hours of work (and procrastination) I have completed a remixed version of Aesop’s  famous tale “The Mouse, the Frog, and the Hawk” into an animation. I have completed this masterpiece on Scratch, a website that simplifies coding for kids. I believe that the animation is somewhat cool and humorous. Although I cannot do everything I would like to on Scratch, I did what I could. The animation involves the use of viewer input as it was required in the project.  If you like animations, are interested in the fable, or just have time, check the animation by using the link below.

What is it about?

A Mouse has a very mischievous friend Frog. The Frog likes to enjoy the waters while the Mouse can only stay on land. What happens on a warm day where the Frog wants to enjoy some cool water with his acquaintance? Can you stop before trouble happens or let some catastrophe occur?

My Animation

My Process

I started the project off by looking for short stories that looked interesting. After reading many classics, The Mouse, the Frog, and the Hawk looked very intriguing. I thought if the story could be made into an animation and after evaluating the pros and cons of it, I thought it would a great fit. Shortly thereafter, I extended the script to make sure the animation had the correct duration. In doing this, I made two choices the viewer would have to choose in the final animation. One choice would result in the original ending while the opposite one would be an exact alternative.

I then made my storyboards. This is a technique used by many to lay out their animation/movie visually. I applied every important thing from my script to the storyboards and then got a picture of what my final product would look like. Finally, I moved on to Scratch and started working on my masterpiece. I imported all backdrops and sprites from the storyboards to Scratch and used them to animate. Although the process was long and difficult, I thing the outcome justified all the hard-work I put into it. Please check out this adventure between two animals that are trying to have fun but might go overboard.

Link to Script

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wW5wzra7fHr3qMjdLrP-wUV4XW_eZImtsUAees0pWvY/edit?usp=sharing

Storyboards

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Mouse, the Frog, and the Hawk Remixed by Aryan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.