To all those who love Pringles; those sweet, sweet shareable chips.

Pringles cans have gotten smaller, too small for me to stand for it any longer. Take that information as you will; everyone’s general consensus is that they are far too small for anyone’s hands to fit in. I agree wholehandedly and with a vengeance likened to a thousand suns. Use my passion as an indicator of how serious I am about this subject.  Often people look past such petty things as “too small for my hand?” But I am not one of those people. I will not be stepped upon by corporate titans that see no sympathy in my abnormally large knuckles. So I’ve taken a stand, revealing them as the monsters that see nothing but profit and change as continuation of their memory and company. No more, Kellogg’s. No more. They should take steps to fix his issue so that America can enjoy it’s favorite shareable, stackable chip once more.

So I give this to you, whoever it has fallen in the hands of. Don’t allow yourselves to be trod upon by Kellogg’s. You should enjoy Pringles with a full, free, extended hand that is completely open and not squished and cramped at all.

Candace Sutton from Australian News gives us the scoop: Classic potato chips Pringles, the saddle-shaped chip sold in cardboard cylinders, have shrunk in size and are being sold in a deceptively similar package of the same height but with a smaller diameter. The new shrunken cylinders, which are being stacked on supermarket shelves among the older, larger tubes,are being sold in some shops for just ten cents less than their predecessors. The shrinkage means that Pringles are now more expensive by stealth, the cost blowing out from $2.70 per 100g to $2.98. Consumers took to the Pringles Down Under Facebook page to criticise the new smaller Pringles, which were made in Kellogg’s Malaysian factory, saying ‘we much prefer the larger USA chips. Underhanded tactics were used when switching out the new for the old. In Pringle’s case it wasn’t a lie, so much as not full disclosure.

I understand that Kellogg’s complied to the SBA advertising laws, never outright saying that you didn’t do this. Though when I go back and find that there was not even a “hey btw we made ur barbecue prngls smaller” in America’s metaphorical DM’s it leads me to believe that you tried to keep that 134g relationship on the down low. While granted you did follow to the letter the rules of SBA “…all businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure that any advertising claims are truthful, not deceptive and that our marketing activities don’t break the law” (SBA) There’s still the principal of the matter that you gave us something less for the exact same price, while we give you everything we can. The tables are unbalanced when it comes to price and kg per can now. Back then it was righteous and we understood your reasons. Now I’m afraid you’ve stepped too far onto our home turf.” So let’s do this. Make your move, America. It’s up to you.

Sarah

CC BY-SA 4.0 Primary Pringles Psychology Pertaining to their Potential Packaging by Sarah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.