I learned a lot about how people use photography. It’s not just snapping a picture. The pictures taken convey meaning. Lisa Kristine tells stories and puts the things we try to avoid in the spotlight. We need to pay attention to the world around us and make an effort to tell the stories of those who need it. Lisa Kristine has focused on color to tell stories of slaves in the dye factories. She uses depth of field to bring out her subject. She is very effective in bringing emotion out, and deep thought.

Lisa Kristine documents social causes, and indigenous cultures. She mostly takes portraits, but as long as she can tell a story she’ll do what it takes. Lisa Kristine has traveled many places, with abolitionist groups. I learned a lot about how to center a shot, and how to portray feeling in a photograph.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Learning about Portrait Photography by Whitlee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Justin 5 months ago

I agree, when I started photography my main theme was black and white photos to hide the beauty of the world in my pictures, and as I grew as a photographer I wanted to show more beauty in the world so I used my nature surroundings and objects to portray the more than just the person I’m taking photos of or myself, I wanted to find angles that allowed me to add the beauty of the world. Color in photography is very important as it shows the world and adds character