Many people judge me for my music taste. I listen to rock music, and it is understandable why people wouldn’t appreciate my taste in music. They do not like the “screaming”, the “violent” meanings, and the “satanic” qualities. I understand them. I also make a point not to say anything about their music taste because 1. Rock isn’t the only thing I listen to. I also know rap music, pop music, k-pop, and other music. I appreciate them, too. But I just find more in my music. Sometimes I feel sad that people can’t see that too.

I am not saying that people HAVE to appreciate rock, too. I am simply saying that I listen to this kind of music, deal with it. I don’t judge you, you don’t judge me. Rock isn’t just screaming and loud drums. Rock is about you appreciating life even when it is at its hardest. Even when you feel it can’t get worse, you should know you shouldn’t end it all to make it better. There is always someone out there that feels for you. Whenever I am down, I listen to my music to feel better. One of my favorite quotes is, “They say we’re losers and we’re all right with that. We are the leaders of the not-coming-backs. But we’re all right, though,” which is sung by Luke Hemmings in She’s Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds of Summer. The song is about how people are having difficult lives, but if you feel you aren’t crazy and that you are okay, then you are, despite the misleading title. If you know yourself and who you are, then it is enough. I don’t listen to screaming songs, I listen to songs which inspiring messages that help me through the day.

Rock music always has a message. Whether it is about breaking up with your girlfriend or being single, it still has a message about how you shouldn’t let this problem get in the middle of your life. The singers and band members put beautiful meanings in their “screaming, violent, satanic” music. Just like how someone might say there is something great in the curse words in rap music, I like my music. DONT JUDGE ME. Rock music is actually good music. You do not have to give it a chance, just understand that different people have different taste.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Rock Music by Raeesah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.