Start video at 8:22.

We went out to interview people outside of school. My team and I gathered around to come up with questions to go out and interview people about education. We went up to people to ask them how education was back when they went to school. We interviewed people and they talked about their struggles with school. One of the people we interviewed was sitting in a garden on a bench planting. She was 85 years old. She used to be a foster parent.

“I had a lot of foster kids. I had a lot of kids going to that school that school [P.U.L.S.E. High School]. I was a foster mother. I had a whole bunch. I had eight. One time I had eight. I had my own house and stuff.”

Hearing this quote just made me realize that being a foster mother is a very responsible job. Eight is a lot of kids, and you have to be a role model for these kids to give them an opportunity to have a better life. She seemed to enjoy her responsibility. I think this woman must be hard-working, trustworthy, and motivated.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Vox Pop with an 85 year-old former foster mother by Jonathan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Vasha 3 months ago

Hi! I am intrigued by this interview! I never got to see such a honest and raw interview with a person that has contributed so much in this world. Thank you!

2. Solanlly 4 months ago

This interview was great. The only thing thing i would change would be the moment in which the questions were asked because the wind made it difficult to understand.