Fidget spinners have been the trend for the last few months. It has been so popular and many children and adults have bought them. However these toys were made specifically for people with ADD and ADHD, and some people use that to their advantage by using it during class and distracting everyone and the teachers don’t like them anyway.

People have taken these fidget toys with them and that has caused the teachers and DOE to get annoyed at them and now they are banned in public schools. Accidents have happened with these toys such as a boy getting hurt in the eye with one of these, but that was only a part of the reason it became banned. These toys may be fun and all but playing with it during class and getting caught just makes it worse. Why can’t people just play at home and never bring it to school? Some people just are like that, they want to do something for their sake but that causes the whole lot to get tagged along.

Fidget spinners may be fun but they should be left at home and not taken to school. All fidget spinners deserve to be banned.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Should Fidget Spinners Be Banned? by Khan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Dominic 7 months ago

Hi Khan. our response to the fidget spinners are priceless! I am on your side for this one. The fidget spinners shouldn’t be another hassle that kids have to worry about and also they won’t be much focused in class while spinning that thing. I think that it is not even a fidget spinner! I think that it is a time waster. People won’t be as much interested in the class and also won’t want to pay attention.

2. Jay 7 months ago

Dear Khan,
    I am intrigued by your post “Should Fidget Spinners Be Banned?” because most students would want to be able to use fidget spinners. One sentence that stood out to me was when you said “Fidget spinners may be fun but they should be left at home and not taken to school” because most students disagree with this statement, only teachers and parents agree. Another sentence that stood out to me was when you said “Accidents have happened with these toys such as a boy getting hurt in the eye with one of these, but that was only a part of the reason it became banned” because I never heard of this happening and it explains one reason that supports your claim. I don’t agree with you that fidget spinners should be banned, but I look forward to seeing what you write next because you include controversial topics which are insteresting