Brock Turner,  a swimmer for the Stanford Cardinal, was convicted in January 2015 of raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster after a frat party on the campus of Stanford. Turner was then charged with the felony of rape and was a registered sex offender, which was the right legal course of action. But, where the issue came was when the sentence came out for Turner, who was only sentenced to 6 months in prison, which was a blatantly smaller sentence than in other rape cases. This caused a massive uproar, as many people were disgusted with the judge’s sympathy towards Turner, saying that Turner’s young age and lack of criminal history made the sentence appropriate. He also stated that a prison sentence would have a “serious impact” on him (oh the irony here). Stanford University banned Turner from stepping foot on their campus and USA Swimming banned Turner for life. I thoroughly disagree with the judge’s sentence for Turner. Justice is a trait that should be instilled in every American, and the victim was not given that in this case. Justice was also not given fairly to Brock Turner, for he should’ve been put in prison for a longer sentence. Justice was not seen this night, and Turner should be in jail for a long time.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Justice for Brock Turner by Sid is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.