Memes are funny jokes that everyone on the internet has at least seen once. Why are memes so appealing? The simple fact of the matter is that most people don’t really know why memes are so awesome. They are just funny, random jokes that the internet came up with one day.

Why are memes so funny? To some casual internet user, most will be funny, but make no sense. Often, it is not the randomness of the joke or meme that is super appealing, it is the meanings and uses of that meme. Perhaps it is the story behind these stupid internet jokes that is do appealing.

Memes can be applied to most situations. This is part of why they are so awesome, and why they are funny. See what type of funny internet memes you come across today, and really think about them.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯_(ツ)/¯ (⌐□□)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Are memes awesome? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ by Eduardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maisha 5 months ago

Dear Eduardo:

I am delighted about your post, “Are memes awesome? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯_(ツ)_/,” because it was very enjoyable to read about your opinions about memes and how I can relate to you.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “They [memes] are just funny, random jokes that the internet came up with one day.” I think this is fascinating because it indicates how our society finds ridiculous stuff, entertaining even though they are impractical.

Another sentence that stood out was: “Often, it is not the randomness of the joke or meme that is super appealing, it is the meanings and uses of that meme.” This stood out for me because it shows how memes are created to be relatable with other people and the society.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because if you wrote about memes, you’ll most likely write about something else just as significant. ;D

2. Rimsha 5 months ago

Dear Eduardo,

I am intrigued by your post because the topic of memes in general is something that most people can agree are hilarious. i have seen many people using lines form memes in their life with ease which is what I find fascinating.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “To some casual internet user, most will be funny, but make no sense.” I think this is kind of weird because seeing as today we have many advanced technologies available we are intrigued by the most simplest of things that don’t even makes sense. This says a lot about our society today which although it is not a positive thing it is basically one of the only ways we can entertain ourselves these days.

Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I still want to know what excites people the most when viewing these memes.

3. Matthew 5 months ago

I liked yours Eduardo because it was descriptive enough to know what a meme is but at the same time it wasn’t like an essay or really long. it stood out to me when you said that memes make no sense often but that’s why they are so funny and random. this stood out to me because it made me stop and think for a moment what just how random and unlimited memes can be. I would agree with you when you say memes can be applied to a lot of situations because its like satire in a way. I agreed with this because you see like newspaper comics sometimes take random topics and make jokes about it and I feel like this is similar because memes can be made about anything

4. David 5 months ago

Dear Eddie Hernandez

I am beside myself with your post, “” because… I have a love of memes too

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “are memes awesome?” I think this is a good question because… I agree with it
    Another sentence that I liked was: “Memes can be applied to most situations” This stood out for me because It seems to be true

I do definitely agree with you that… One reason I say this is… Another reason I agree/disagree with you is…

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… add 2 or 3 sentences explaining what will bring you back to see more about this person’s thoughts.

5. rakisultan 5 months ago

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Memes can be applied to most situations.” I think this is very accurate, especially considering the fact that memes are in a way a form of expression. It can be used to spread messages of social injustices, messages of enjoyment, and messages that allow you to connect with others. Even if someone or something insists on curtailing your freedom of expression, considering that the internet is in a way free, you can still spread the messages you want to using memes.