Sports come natural to some while to others it takes hard work and some time to become an expert at this particular sport. Some people dedicate their life to sports while others play with their friends in the park. Sports require a level of fitness and some individuals excel past and play professionally. These are the few people that are lucky enough to get scouted for their talent.

These results have a connection towards family genes. Genes are basically links of DNA that make the characteristics of your body. If the older child plays sports well, the younger sibling will most likely be able to play sports well. The genes in siblings are similar, making them excel at sports while others may not. The same goes with an only child, parents that have played sports in their adulthood could have those sport enhancing genes and be one of the best in their class. The blood cells in some people are thicker than those in others, thicker blood cells would result in a better performance than others.

Athletes were born with genes that gave them the skill to get where they are today. However your super genes can only take you so far. Hard work is key to becoming an athlete. Hard work can beat talent because talent is nothing compared to hard work. Training hard, sleeping right, and eating right is how many athletes get where they are now because of the strict training regimen they are on constantly. Embrace the sport you love playing, playing sports is way better than doing nothing at home.

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Are Genes and Sports Related? by Kesang is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Krista 3 months ago

Dear Kesang,

I am surprised by your post, “How Are Genes and Sports Related?,” because when I first read the title, I immediately disagreed. But, then I read the post and it was very convincing and the points fit together like pieces of a puzzle. The points made were logical and they are plausible.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “The genes in siblings are similar, making them excel at sports while others may not.” I think this is very telling because it also counters the points made, but still supports it.

Another sentence that I liked was, “The blood cells in some people are thicker than those in others, thicker blood cells would result in a better performance than others.” This stood out to me because it brought some new ideas to the table, making me question what I’ve already known before.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to see what new ideas you have to present.This post made me think about the topic, and I look forward to what you write next.