In our photography class, we recently had a few photographers talk to our class about their photography. One photographer, Angie Monson, talked to us about her photography business. She makes a living out of being a family portrait photographer, and sometimes takes individual portraits. One interesting thing she told us about being a photographer is that she gets to travel the world to take pictures of families. I thought that this was amazing and I hope to be able to do this one day! Another photographer, Skip Schmiett a professional commercial photographer came in to talk to us about his job. He also makes a living as a photographer and told us all about different lighting for portraits. This was very interesting to learn about and now I know more about portrait lighting. The most interesting type of lighting was called butterfly lighting, which is used in old hollywood lighting; a light is placed above the subject and the shape of a butterfly appears under the nose.

I thought that learning about what different photographers do for a living was very interesting and it would be so cool to become a photographer!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Connecting with a Photographer by Maddie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.