In our American history class we are researching contemporary issues and designing ways that people can take action and improve our community. Our group is focused on Treatment of Immigrants. This issue is important because immigrant families are getting separated. Immigrants don’t get the same educational opportunities, and deportations. This issue is complicated because it is caused by racism and discrimination. However, we need to address it because it has serious effects like our country not having a diverse community. To address this issue, we think that our law enforcement should have more Latino officers. Some people might oppose this idea because they may think that because they are from a foreign country they aren’t capable or perfectly prepared for those positions. We have a prototype that is an info-graphic.  Here is the link: https://magic.piktochart.com/output/22199527-treatment-of-immigrants

CC BY-SA 4.0 Prototype: Raising Awareness About Treatment of Immigrants by Luis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jack 5 months ago

I think you should focus more on the effects that deportation has on American society. Right there, you need to convince your reader why deportation is so bad. All you said was that it can break up families and decrease diversity, You should explain what can happen because of broken families and explain why diversity is a good thing. Also, you should discuss how the deportation of illegal immigrants affects the American economy and job market. All these extra examples will really strengthen your argument. You could also add to your info-graphic the effect on the economy so the reader can visualize it. But overall, you are on the right track.

2. Sean 5 months ago

Your summary is good, but the graphic was not very informative. Since the 3 things at the bottom of the page did not make sense (family seperation makes US gov. have to pay to) that statement didn’t make snese. The graph neede to have more info to make more effective.

3. leidy 5 months ago

In your summary about immigration dot have the same education opportunities but i got lost when you also mention the deportation. Are you wanted to say the deportation is treating people by race or how it is affecting families. The summary was understandable of points you trying to make.

4. Marlini 5 months ago

I agree with the argument the law enforcement should have more Hispanics but what I don’t understand is that if you are arguing that immigrants should be treated the same and be part of the law enforcement field why not other immigrants like Polynesians, Asians, African Americans or does this relate to police brutality in your community and a specific group of people?

5. Christie 5 months ago

Good start. Your infographic looks clean and readable, but could be improved with a bit more detail. Clarify HOW having more Latino law enforcement officers would help improve the deportation situation; you mention that in your write-up, but do not have it in your infographic. You also need to check your wording, and make sure you finish ideas… under the “-” symbol you have an incomplete idea. Be sure to also name the course of your charts.