When the class had Angie Monsen talk to us about how she takes pictures and edits them after, I learned a lot. Angie did not use much of Photoshop in her pictures, but relied on LightRoom to send her finished products to her customers. I thought this was cool because she didn’t edit her pictures much, but instead made sure her pictures were authentic and what she wanted them to look like when she was taking them. I also learned that she had to depend a lot on her subjects for her vision to turn out how she envisioned. She had to pose the subject according to the light around them and adjust her lense for the distance. I learned that a lot goes into taking the right picture and you can’t just expect to have the perfect picture after one go at it. I also learned that having a photographer’s schedule is a lot of fun; you can make your own work day and set your own times. However, this would also be difficult because you still have to make the customers happy and make sure you’re getting all your work done on time.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Connect with a Photographer by Olivia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.