Everyone in America should be treated the same no matter your race or your culture. I have seen people being bullied or teased because of the color of their skin. It doesn’t make sense for people to get bullied because of their race. You can not control your race you belong to so I do not know why people get bullied by being another race.

In society, people start to stereotype each race by stating what problems they have with them. Some people just do it on accident or they don’t mean to do it, but then there are other people who do it on purpose just to bully the different race. Like when people say blacks are all criminals and crooks. That is a stereotype and false information. I think people are too scared to speak up against the racist people out in the world, so they just fall into their stereotypes. We should have more people speak out against these racist people and let them hear what is right and what is wrong.

Just because you are a different race doesn’t mean that you are a bad person or a criminal. I think people start to believe the stereotypes and they behave the way that people say. People don’t want to be an outcast from their race, so they become the stereotypes that are wrongly given to them. They are too scared to step up and be different from everyone else. Just because someone is a different race doesn’t mean you treat them differently from someone else. I have witnessed people treating black men differently than white men. It sometimes happens in restaurants or just by law enforcement.

All these examples illustrate how black men and women are treated differently because of the color of their skin. We need, as a nation, to figure out a way to get people from being racist and stereotyping each other. In America we need to find a way to stop stereotyping and racism and become united as one.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Inequality in America by Jordan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Pablo 4 months ago

Dear Jordan,
    While I see where you’re coming from, and yes, stereotypes can come off as offensive, I see your argument as quite underwhelming. Personally, I don’t think stereotypes should be taken to heart, I honestly think they’re hilarious. However, a lot of much more serious cases of racism actually occur in our country, such as mass murders over the simple fact that they don’t a specific race. So, you, and others should not feel objectified over simple words, because at the end of the day, they’re just words, and it’s up to you to decide if the words should affect you.