,

On page 97 of the book Huckleberry Finn: “Well” says Buck, “a Feud is this way: A man has a quarrel with another man, and kills him; then that other man’s brother kills him; then the other brothers, on both sides, goes for one another, then the cousins chip in- and by and by everybody’s killed off, and there ain’t no more feud. But its kind of slow and takes a long time.” This quote sets the tone for this section of the book and shows the reader what’s going on. It shows the situation in a very compelling way with the dialogue that the characters are engaging In, in this part of the book. The style of writing gives you insight on the author Mark Twain, and makes you think about his rational when crafting this story.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Huckleberry Finn Dialectic Journal by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.