I believe in the importance of family. Every day we go home to a group of people and often don’t acknowledge their importance. As a high school student, it would be very difficult to make it without my parents. The work they do and the impact that they give to my live is amazing. My mom goes to work every day from 8 in the morning to 8 at night and is still able to come home with a smile on her face to see me and offer to help with my homework. No matter what I do she will always be there. When I was little, my parents went through a divorce and I was left living with my mom. I did not comprehend the struggles that she was going through. She went from having two forms of income down to relying on herself. She had to makes changes in order to survive on the money she generated.

At a young age, the only person that was home was my mom. Every day after school she would make food for me that would help prepare me for hockey practice every night. Almost every weekend she would drive me all over the state to play in games. Now in high school, she tries to make it to as many games as she can. Even though they are spread out throughout the state.
Your family is the only thing in your life that is guaranteed, and everything you do stems from it. Your family is supposed to guide you to make good decisions and help support everything that you do. If you don’t have a positive influence at home your outlook on life is going to be different. What you do and act like is going to be unlike those that do have a support system. If you are someone who doesn’t get along with your parents or doesn’t listen, you are going to make bad decisions.My mom has experienced way more in her life than I have and by her sharing those experiences it has helped to sculpt my life. She has also been my role model. Her accomplishments and actions have shaped me

My mom has experienced way more in her life than I have and by her sharing those experiences it has helped to sculpt my life. She has also been my role model. Her accomplishments and actions have shaped me to what I am today and what I will become in the future.

Photo by archer10 (Dennis) 94M Views

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Importance of Family by Cole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alba 5 months ago

cole,
    i agree that family is really important. Something you said that stood out to me was “her accomplishments shaped me.”
    This stood out because it helped me realize that it is important to appreciate, but easy to underestimate, the work family does for us.

2. Ashton 6 months ago

Cole,
    This is a beautiful piece of writing. I can really tell how much you admire your mother and rightfully so, it sounds like she’s wonderful. I feel the same way about my mom who also worked long days and multiple jobs to get us what we need. Thanks for sharing:)

3. Lauryn 6 months ago

Hi Cole, This is a great essay. I agree that family is one of the most important things in life because they help you through everything. The sacrifice that families make for each other is not countable but it makes a great impact on our lives and our futures.

4. Kevin 6 months ago

Dear Cole,
    I agree with you that family is really important. Family is important because without them we wouldn’t have clothes or food. They work really hard just to take care of us. They also work a lot to get money so that they could get us food and important things that we need. I agree with you that many parents end up losing a lot of money and that they make a lot of sacrifices just to make us happy.