Day 2
4/25/17
Chapters 6 – 8

Huckleberry Finn was planning and executing an escape from the cabin that his father had trapped him in. His Father was an abusive man who had no respect for his son and used his son to his advantage. Huckleberry made his escape by sawing a hole in the wall than staging a murder and robbery to cover his escape.

Pg. 27 – 31

This takes a great deal of courage and planning to be able to pull this off. Huck was even able to get people to think that he was actually dead and he eventually was able to get people to think his own father staged the murder to get to the money that he so very wanted that belonged to his son. At such a young age it is amazing how perfect a plan he was able to construct. His travels after the escape were also very smart. He was able to find an area that a lot of people wouldn’t suspect to be a hiding place for Huckleberry. I Think this is foreshadowing to further escapes and well planned ideas to help huck survive on his own.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Huckleberry Finn Dialectical Journal Entry by Cole is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.