,

Poetry can be great!  It can be used as a way to express one’s feelings, or as  a way to vent anger and/or frustration.  I believe that poetry has the potential to be powerful for nearly everybody.  Sure, some will like poetry and some will not, but regardless of how much someone does or doesn’t like it, they can most likely learn something from the poem.  I find that poems can sometimes be difficult to interpret and understand at times, but I believe with some focus and maybe some research a meaning or message can almost always be found.  Another great aspect of poetry is that the writer is able to shape the poem however they wish to do so.  Poems can be short, long, or somewhere in between depending on how the author desired it to be.  Poetry can also be very meaningful for multiple people for different reasons, or in some cases, meaningful for the same person in multiple ways.  All in all, there is a lot to learn about poetry and from poems.  That being said, if you are a person who does not like poetry I would challenge you to give it another chance.  What’s the worst that could happen?

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Thoughts on Poetry by Rylan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.