In The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn one of the main characters Huck is going through one of the most tough journeys in his life he is trying to escape slavery. In a excerpt from the book he he is experiencing loneliness which is because he has no one with him during his journey who stayed for the duration of his adventure. Here is something that I pulled out during my reading to think about.

“ When it was dark I set by my campfire smoking, and feeling pretty satisfied: but by-and-by it got sort of lonesome ,and so I went and set on the bank and listened to the currents washing along, and counted the stars and drift logs and rafts that come down, and then went to bed”-Huck, Chapter 8, Page 38

In this passage Huck shows loneliness. He was satisfied with his work but then he realized how isolated he has really been. This could be motivation for Huck to make relationships with other people in the future. Also it shows how Huck also really has no one who has always been there for him or really cared about him.

Photo by Internet Archive Book Images

CC BY-SA 4.0 In Between The Lines: Huck Finn by Lauryn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Destiny 4 months ago

I completely agree with how you connected the quote to a relevant topic. It is very well thought out, good job!

2. Sarah 4 months ago

I really like the quote from the book you chose to analyse. I also appreciate the connection you made to how even small actions reflect how lonely Huck is.