Shakespeare is being taught today because it is a way to scrutinize the mind of someone that was living in this era, which was the Elizabethan era. I saw this in the second video titled, Why Study Shakespeare Today? Kim F. Hall, a college professor at Barnard College, mentioned that it is always good to compare our time periods and see how we have changed. I agree with her because it is interesting to see how our generation has changed.

The Shakespeare play that we are studying is “Othello.” I used one main strategy to understand more in depth the Shakespearean language. For instance, I used the Shakespeare made easy guide that my teacher Ms. Paraiso provided for us. It also takes determination because it is not an easy task to understand such language. You need to learn how to build that, but that all depends on you.

I feel like I can understand the language better now that I was exposed to it and tried to decipher the meaning of the text that was being read.  I would’ve liked to be better at understanding the text better than what I am capable of right now. To achieve this, I would have dedicated more time and effort to analyzing the text to achieve that higher understanding of the text.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Understanding Shakespeare by Adrian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.