On my first recording I first tried wining, seductive, unimpressed, angry and shocked. On my second recording my tone was happy, creepy, demanding, genuine and unimpressed.

When I was recording, I immediately noticed that my tone had changed and that I wasn’t saying how I envisioned my voiced to be when I initially practice. I think unconsciously I got nervous when I began to get recorded and messed up my tone on the first couple of tries. I was not used to changing my tone so much because when I felt like I was changing my tone, it was almost as if I was telling a story. On each quote it felt like I was conveying a certain image.

On my third excerpt I quoted Haruki Murakami, Kafka On The Shore. It was a very beautiful quote that captured a nice image in my head so I thought it would be the best to recite.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Tone Adjustments by Nuong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.