The idea of giving an oral presentation makes me feel  like I shouldn’t procrastinate so I can be ready and hit all my main points. The two videos I watched was “TED’s secret to great public speaking” and “Good and Bad Examples of Presentation”. Anderson wanted the viewers to know that public speaking was all about creating an idea and transfer the idea to the audience. An Annotation I made during the video was basic comments on how I understood what he was saying when it came to the steps process. I stated that I will try to include his advice into my next public speaking task. From the second video I understood that a bad presentation is when you are not prepared and the good presentation is when you are able to be comfortable in your skin and proceed with no worries. Speaking in front of others makes me feel like I need to get myself prepared now so I can be stress free while presenting and I won’t mess up. My prior experiences was mainly during school or internships I participated in. I presented in school because I had projects around my senior project that included a slide presentation. I was required to make a visual presentation and speak about my topic for the bare minimum of 5 minutes. I had to present to a Department of Public Health staff during my internship with Alameda Health Care Services, the topic was STD Awareness. The group of students and I had to come up with a creative way to bring awareness about STD’s to youth around our age group.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Oral Presentation Understanding by Dania is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.