The two videos I watched was “Ted’s secret to great public speaking” and “Good and Bad Examples of Presentation”. Anderson in the Ted video was explaining that whats so amazing about public speaking is that you influence people’s mind when you present them an idea into their mind. When you present them a certain view point it influences their perception of the world. Some comments I made on the video was how it was very important to first begin stirring people’s curiosity in order to keep them captivated.

I understood from the Good and Bad Examples of presentation video that its very important to be very organized and presentable before you head up there. The slides needs to be simple for the audience and shouldn’t have too much text. Your body language is also very important because it contributes to the atmosphere you give off, so you should be sure to smile every now and then.

I get really nervous on the thought of presenting in front a lot of people. Its nerve recking because they are all watching me and so they’ll catch any mistake thats obvious because I’m the attention. I have done presentations before and when I was younger it was a bit easier but now as I grow older I become more aware of my surrounding. I have stuttered and completely blanked out on a presentation before, but I hope to practice and get better over time and practice.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Exploring My Relationship with Oral Presentation by Nuong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.