Shakespeare is still studied today in schools because it gives students a wider range of understatement of the world. In the video “Why Study Shakespeare Today?” Kim F. Hall explains with emotion how Shakespeare opens up students minds to real world situations.

I can say I agree with the video in some way; their ideas are strong and understandable. I can relate to the points that are stated. Shakespeare opens up your mind in different ways that can further the understanding of life and how things are set in life.

We are studying the Shakespeare’s play named “Othello.” Strategies I have used to help me throughout the play and to help me understand are “Shakespeare Made Easy” and the audio recording. The tone of the recording would help me in the sense of the feeling that emotion throughout the play. “Shakespeare Made Easy” helped with the understanding of the text throughout the play, it has been simplified and used words we would use today.

I feel like I could read it and recite it, but understanding it might take me a while. If I were to read another Shakespeare play, I would feel like as if I could read it and might take me a while to understand. Once I understand the context, and moral of the story, I feel as if I could understand the language and tone of the play. I am more of a visual learner, so it takes me a while to understand.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Dost Thou Matter? by Natalie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.