The New Shakespeare

My name is Stardazia Hailey and below is a link to my re-creation of most acts in Othello. I choose to use real people in a theater Company named, Gritty City, which is a youth theater dedicated to performing and taking youth off the streets.

My association with Gritty City is I am one of the performers in its upcoming show Macbeth. I have been a part of Gritty City for about 2 years now and what better way to show my understanding about Shakespeare’s Othello, then with photos of the plays we have performed in? I used my artistic licensed and switched up the plays I was in to make them Othello. Most of the pictures are from previous Shakespeare plays such as Romeo and Juliet, Comedy of Errors and Much Ado About Nothing. I also incorporated photos from Fugee, Re-entry, and Play Fight. In Re-entry I was the mom of soldiers who went off to war. In Comedy of Errors I was Dr. Pinch, a nurse and I was Egeon the mom of the twin boys who didn’t know about one another. In Macbeth I am one of the witches and a gentlewoman.

Othello Re-creation

Gritty City Rep

CC BY-SA 4.0 The New Shakespeare by Stardazia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.