Shakespeare’s progressive thinking that was becoming popular in his era is relevant to the progressive thinking that we have today in the current generation. When understanding Othello I use a website called “No Fear Shakespeare” and it helps me because it shows Shakespeare’s text side by side with an updated version of the text. I can understand most of what what is being said in Othello but at times I either don’t understand what is being said by a character or I check “No Fear Shakespeare” just to make sure that I know what is being said. I do this because there are words that have different definitions in elizabethan english when compared to modern english.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why does Shakespeare matter? by Vincent is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.