Performing Emilia from Shakespeare, Othello

For my 10 lines I chose, Act IV, Scene III, Lines 92-102 where Emilia is talking. I learned that you have to project your voice and say them with emotion because most of these plays are emotional. I also learned, while rehearsing, that I have to stop stopping when I read a word because then it sounds like I am reading it, even though I am, and start sounding more like I have been practicing this for a while. I have to stop and slow down, and take my time reading each word. While performing these lines said by Emilia, I learned that she’s very passionate about the inequality women have to go through while men get all the praise. She understands and is always bold to stand up and say what is on her mind about women. You can say Emilia is a feminist in her own way and as much as she can be during a time where men were the only ones that took all the praise

.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Performing Emilia from Shakespeare, Othello by Valeria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.