Breathe Life into Shakespeare with Your Voice

I chose Othello, Act 4, scene 2 lines 168-177. The character I played is Desdemona. When I was rehearsing, I didn’t get it right on the first try. It took me 10 or more recordings to get it right. I wanted the tone to sound confusing. In terms of my volume, I had to be kinda loud. Sometimes, I took more time with a word because it would make the tone sound more confused.  As a guy trying to play a female’s role, it was hard because guys’ and girls’ voices are different. I ended up understanding that when Desdemona was made, she made the words feel heavier. I enjoyed doing this recording. It was weird at first, but after I tried a couple of times, it felt more normal.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Breathe Life into Shakespeare with Your Voice by Do is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.