Why study shakespeare

By: Athsia Ramsey

According to Why Study Shakespeare Today , people still study shakespeare because it is a good why for students to talk about issues more than what they would have if it was a everyday issue. The video also states that shakespeare is a good thing because it gives you a better view of the things that happen during the Elizabethan era. Then according to David Tennant shakespeare is still looked at today because he gets straight to the point and says things better than you have heard them before. Saying that he came up with a lot of words that we use today is something that all the videos say but I disagree with the fact they say he came up with words because who really knows, who he got the words from or if he really came up with all those words himself.

In class we are studying the play Othello and at first I didn’t really understand the play because I had no idea what the words meant. A way that I learned was looking up the words to help be find out the meaning of the word when put into the sentence. Having an understanding of what is going on in the scene could help you understand the play much better.

I am very confident because I could just look the words and the meaning up. A Lot of the same words pop up more than once throughout the play.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why study Shakespeare by Athsia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.